Unsafe food kills man

Not the headlines we want to read. It is so important to keep our food safe!

A 20-year-old student from Belgium has passed away from liver failure after eating leftover spaghetti.

An autopsy revealed his food had been contaminated by a toxic bacteria called Bacillus cereus which caused his liver to shut down.

In 2017, there were 5.4 million cases of food poisoning in Australia — that’s close to a quarter of the total population. Many were able to ride the wave of vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps and headaches at home but some 1.2 million were sick enough to visit their GP.

Some cases ended up proving fatal — around 120 people died.

The best way to avoid food poisoning is to prevent contamination in the first place. There are a number of rules to stick to to avoid the risk of food poisoning.

Make sure you are aware of food hygiene. Contact CFT to update your training today!

Click here to read the full article from 10 News.

About the Author

Leave a Reply 0 comments

Leave a Reply: