‘Tis the Season for eating more, drinking more and being merry! Read the top 5 Festive Season Safety Tips from LGR QLD. CFT, leaders in Food Safety and RSA training.
More people are out and about during the festive season. During this busy time, be aware of your obligations to provide a safe environment for patrons and staff, both in and around your venue. Ensure your staff are always practising responsible service of alcohol. Here are some tips from the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation Queensland-
- Crowd control: Don’t allow areas to become congested, and manage patron numbers and queues. Employ the right ratio of security to patrons. Deal with any incidents quickly and record them in an incident register.
- Drinking water: Most licensees are required to make free drinking water available to patrons. Even where not mandatory, it’s good practice.
- Noise: More patrons can create more noise, which may disturb your neighbours. Keep noise levels down by discouraging people from lingering outside your venue. For example, have strategies in place to ensure patrons are transported away from your licensed premises when they leave.
- Patron behaviour: Detect and deal with disorderly patrons and slow service of liquor before patrons become unduly intoxicated. Remember, it is illegal to serve alcohol to, or allow alcohol to be consumed by an underage, unduly intoxicated or disorderly person.
- Refusal of service: You have the right to refuse service or entry if:
- a patron is unduly intoxicated or disorderly
- the safety of the patron or others is in jeopardy
- you consider the refusal of service warranted.
You also have the right to ask a person to leave a licensed premises if the person is unduly intoxicated, disorderly or creating a disturbance.
CFT International is the leading provider of food safety and RSA training. Enrol today to complete your online RSA certificate. For Victorian residents you must attend a class to obtain your RSA certificate. Email us at email@example.com to find out where our next RSA class will be delivered. Click here for more information about RSA requirements throughout Australia.