Follow these tips that tell you how to keep your kid’s lunchbox safe, CFT International Food Safety training.
As Australia heats up and summer temperatures soar, so too does the risk of illness from eating unsafe food. Follow these tips from the Food Safety Information Council – how to keep your kid’s lunchbox safe during the sizzling summer months.
Follow these 5 simple lunchbox food safety tips:
- When buying lunchboxes choose ones that have room for a frozen drink or freezer block and are easy to clean and dry.
- Always wash and dry your hands thoroughly before preparing food.
- Wash all fruits and vegetables thoroughly.
- Make sure lunchbox foods are always well separated from other foods in the refrigerator, particularly raw meats, chicken and fish.
- Keep the lunch cool in the fridge until you are about to leave home.
Click here to read the full article from the Council.