Skip to content
Food Business Classification Tool
Victoria classifies food premises according to the level of food safety risk and the type of food handled at the premises.
Which food business are you?
- The food business classification tool helps council determine which class your business falls into.
- Councils are responsible for classifying your food premises.
- The class is determined by the type of food handled at the premises.
- If you start handling different food, the council may need to reclassify your business.
- If you are involved in running any type of food business, you need to understand these definitions used by the department
- Contact CFT International, RTO 21120, for your food safety training