Victoria classifies food premises according to the level of food safety risk and the type of food handled at the premises.
Which food business are you?
- The food business classification tool helps council determine which class your business falls into.
- Councils are responsible for classifying your food premises.
- The class is determined by the type of food handled at the premises.
- If you start handling different food, the council may need to reclassify your business.
- If you are involved in running any type of food business, you need to understand these definitions used by the department
- Contact CFT International, RTO 21120, for your food safety training