My role play video is too large. What can I do?2020-12-21T15:06:03+11:00

As technology is very advanced nowadays, videos captured using smartphones in 4k/1080p are HUGE files. As a result, uploading these videos can be a hassle.  Large files can take an extensive amount of time to upload and there is a file size upload limit of 60MB. If the only camera you have available in on your smart device (iphone or android) please try and ensure the video recorded is in a lower quality so that the file size is not excessively large.

One of the simpler alternatives to recording your video assessment is using Zoom. Zoom platform is widely used by students to conduct their daily studies now as you can record any meetings or classroom learning in the Zoom session. To get started head to https://zoom.us/ and sign up for a free account (if you do not already have an account). Please refer to this link to the tutorial explaining how to record your screen using zoom:


Screen recording in zoom can save the file both locally in your respective systems as a mp4 file format and in the cloud, which makes it easier to share the recordings with other individuals. Zoom optimizes these download mp4 files to save in a minimal file size. This makes It easier for you and our trainers to upload/download the files in BSNAPPS/LMS with ease.

If this still doesn’t work you can contact CFT assessors to arrange an audio or teleconference assessment.

Can I do my VCGLR Victorian RSA course online?2020-11-16T15:19:59+11:00

Yes VCGLR have authorised CFT to deliver RSA online and in class

If you are working in Victoria you need the official VCGLR certificate

this is the official Victorian RSA certificate

How to get a copy of your original RSA certificate2020-11-16T15:15:29+11:00

If you are in Victoria and need a copy of your VCGLR certificate you can contact then https://www.vcglr.vic.gov.au/i-want/get-or-refresh-my-rsa-rsg

Or you can ask us to reprint any RSA certificates you completed with us

Where will I get a Food Safety Program2019-12-18T12:55:11+11:00

Hospitality food business’s such as restaurants, cafes, canteens and hotels can use a standard food safety program, which can be customized to the food processes your business undertakes

Go to your State Health Department website to see standard templates available for you to use.

Whereas establishments serving vulnerable populations like Aged Care facilities, Hospitals, childcare and disability services will need a Food Safety Program written for their individual workplace.

Australian Food Hygiene Services can assist with designing food safety programs, creating procedure manuals, user friendly monitoring records, internal audits to assist in maintaining  compliance.

Speak to our friend Marj Harvey:
Mobile: 0416 121 664

or, http://afhs.com.au

What is a USI and why do I need one?2019-12-10T20:38:02+11:00

Because your are studying a nationally accredited qualification, your certificate cannot be generated without a USI.

The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that is free and easy to create and stays with you for life.

If you are a new or continuing student undertaking nationally recognised training, you will need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment.

To get your USI go to www.usi.gov.au and apply, you will need a copy of your ID.

The following are acceptable forms of ID to create a USI. Common identity documents :

Australian Passport

Non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa)

Australian Birth Certificate

Australian Driver’s Licence

Medicare Card

What Food Safety Certificate do I need?2020-01-23T14:28:22+11:00

If you need a Food Safety Supervisor qualification for a hospitality or retail food business you will
need the unit codes SITXFSA001 & SITXFSA002.

If you want a Food Safety Supervisor qualification for childcare, aged care and hospitals choose
HLTFSE001 and HLTFSE007 and HLTFSE005.

Bakeries, food processing and food manufacturers need these food safety units FBPFSY1001
and FDFFFS2001A.

Click here for the page on our website that explains all requirements.

What support is available for me to successfully complete my training?2020-01-23T14:56:27+11:00

CFT support is available via support@cft.com.au or call 1300 665 633 during business hours.

Please see our student hand-book for details of student support services including Language, Literacy and Numeracy in our Student Information Handbook.

If your question has not been answered please contact us and we will endeavour to answer your question.

My name is spelt incorrectly on my certificate, what can i do?2019-12-03T17:33:44+11:00

Your certificate is produced from the details that you supplied to CFT upon enrolment. If for some reason this is not correct, please contact us with proof of identity and we can amend the spelling.

How do I verify my Identity?2019-12-03T17:33:51+11:00

Under the NVR Standards including SNR 15, 17 and 24, nationally recognised training requires the RTO to record and report to relevant government bodies details of the participants’ identification (must be Government issued id: eg: Driver’s Licence, Passport or Birth Certificate all acceptable) the original ID must be sighted, copied and certified by a JP and the original JP certified document sent to CFT.

Do I need to complete the training all in one session?2019-12-03T17:34:06+11:00

No, our online courses are designed so that you can progress at your own pace. You can log out as you need and then log back in to start where you left off.  You can study anytime the online courses are available 24/7, 365 days per year.

Why is the NSW Food Safety Supervisor course different?2019-12-03T17:34:28+11:00

The CFT Food Safety Supervisor NSW course is written to meet the NSW legislation.

CFT is an approved provider of FSS NSW training and therefore we are able to issue the NSW Food Authority certificate.

The NSW FSS certificate is valid for five years from the date of issue.  It is a legal requirement that certain businesses keep a copy of their FSS certificate on the premises and produce it for inspection on request by an authorised officer.

For more information go to the NSW Food Authority website www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au

Please note: The additional cost of $35.00 is payable for the NSW Food Authority certificate ($30 fee to NSW Food Authority plus $5.00 for post and handling).

If I get a question wrong, what will happen?2019-12-03T17:34:34+11:00

Our e-learning is competency based training.  You will have the opportunity to re-answer the questions.  If you answer questions incorrectly you have the opportunity to review the correct answers. CFT Support Team is available to assist with any help you may need.   CFT staff are also able to track students who are having difficulties and can email them to offer study support.

What computer software and skills will I need?2019-12-03T17:34:50+11:00

You will need access to a computer and internet.  We recommend basic computer skills and that you read our tips for studying online.

How long does it take to complete the course?2019-12-03T17:35:09+11:00

Studying at your own pace is different for each individual. This depends on your existing food safety knowledge.
You do not have to complete the whole course in one sitting, login and out as time allows.

How do I get a copy of my certificate?2019-12-03T17:35:14+11:00

Once you have successfully completed all of the online assessment tasks and verified your USI (`Unique Student Identifier’) on our database, you can access a copy of your secure e-certificate immediately.

What RSA do I need?2020-12-16T14:29:29+11:00
  • If you want to work serving alcohol in Western Australia, Queensland and Northern Territory you need the nationally accredited Responsible Service of Alcohol Course code: SITHFAB002.  Upon completion of your RSA training you will receive the nationally accredited Responsible Service of Alcohol  certificate Course code: SITHFAB002.

You can enrol here to begin your course online.

  • If you want to work serving alcohol in South Australia, you need to do your RSA training with an organisation approved by the South Australian government.  CFT is fully approved by the South Australian government to deliver RSA training online in South Australia.  You can view our approval here.  Upon completion of your RSA training you will receive the nationally accredited Responsible Service of Alcohol  certificate Course code: SITHFAB002.

You can enrol here to begin your course online.

  • If you want to work serving alcohol in Victoria you must hold a VCGLR RSA certificate delivered by an approved training organisation.  CFT has been approved by the VCGLR to deliver RSA training to those working in Victoria.  See our VCGLR approval here. Upon completion of RSA training you will receive two (2) certificates; (1) the nationally accredited Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate Course code: SITHFAB002and (2) the VCGLR RSA certificate – this certificate is required for those working in alcohol service in Victoria.

    You can enrol here to begin your ONLINE Victorian RSA course now.


 You will need to keep your Victorian RSA up to date by doing a free refresher course every three(3) years.

How long are RSA valid for Vic?  Three (3) years.

  • CFT is a fully accredited training organisation, you can view our scope of training here.


Click here for the page on our website that explains all RSA State requirements –

How do I get a copy of my original RSA certificate2020-05-04T16:48:01+10:00

For those in Victoria if you need a copy of your original RSA certificate, please contact the VCGLR via their contact us page. There is a charge of $16.50 (including GST) for a replacement certificate.

> Go to VCGLR RSA certificate page

Is the Food Safety Certificate nationally accredited?2020-05-01T19:17:59+10:00

Yes, all CFT Food Safety qualifications are from nationally accredited units and align to National Food Safety Standards.

It is accepted in all Australian States and Territories.

Go to Top