Double-Dip is a risk of food poisoning

We all remember the Seinfeld episode when George “double-dipped that chip!”. Well this might be even more riskier than we thought.

Food scientist Paul Dawson has conducted rigorous tests and discovered that having a second swipe of communal dip with a half-eaten chip was riskier than he first thought.

“I expected there to be not really much bacteria transfer because of the small surface area on a cracker or chip when you bite it.

“But we actually found there was 1,000 more bacteria per millilitre in the dip from when you bit the chip than when you didn’t.
“That’s a significant amount … that’s more like a person-to-person transfer like the common cold and other contagious diseases rather than the typical food-borne illness like E.coli and salmonella.”

Professor Dawson stated.

Sounds yuck! So when you are at your next gathering remember the advice given to George and never “double dip that chip!”.

About the Author