Monthly Archives: August 2019

Online NSW FSS training

CFT delivers online NSW FSS training. We are an authorised trainer for the NSW Food Authority.

The Food Safety Supervisor program helps reduce foodborne illness in the hospitality and retail food service sectors in NSW by improving food handler skills and knowledge. Here’s a link to NSW FA website.

All food handlers in Australia need to complete food safety training. CFT delivers food safety training for hospitality and food retail workers, community and health sector including aged care, child care and hospital food workers, and food processing including bakeries and food manufacturers.

CFT has been delivering FSS training throughout Australia for over 20 years!

Enrol with us today.

Eggs are back on the menu!

According to the Heart Foundation there is no limit on the number of eggs that can be eaten per week.

Full-fat milk, yoghurt and cheese are also considered a healthy heart option.

But the Heart Foundation says many Australians need to rethink how much red meat they’re eating, as evidence indicates it increases risks for heart disease and stroke and may lead to weight gain. Click here to read the full article.

CFT Food Safety online training covers egg handling and egg storage. Eggs have been declared as an allergen.

Its important to remain up to date in your safe food training! Speak to us about this today.

Relish was most likely cause of food poisoning outbreak

A three-month investigation into a gastro outbreak at the MCG on Anzac Day has found the “most likely” cause was a relish.

A rabbit, chicken and pork terrine was originally suspected as the cause of the outbreak but Victoria’s chief health officer Brett Sutton today said the relish that the entree was served with was the more likely cause.

The relish was made from quince, fig jam and barberries.

“The conclusion is that the relish is likely to blame. I know that there was a lot of talk about the terrine initially and in fact a lot of people ate the terrine as well as the relish so it was very hard to separate those,” Dr Sutton said.

“But in the course of interviewing over 100 people, it’s been identified that the relish is almost certainly the cause of this outbreak.”

Most likely, one of the ingredients carried a toxin that was not killed by boiling water used to make the relish.

That batch of barberries was examined, though no issue with them was found, and they were later destroyed as a precaution.

It was most likely a toxin to blame – as opposed to a virus or bacteria, which could cause salmonella – given guests had such a quick reaction. Some people fell ill within half an hour.

Dr Sutton said the event organisers had been “terrific” in cooperating with the investigation and the case was a warning that food contamination could happen in any context.

It is vital that all people handling food in businesses are fully trained and knowledgeable about food hygiene, allergens and food safety management. Enrol here.